October 7, 2012

weekend wrap-up

Good morning!!!
As I speak my husband is making "big breakfast" as we like to call it. It is one of our favorite things. He makes pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, and coffee of course. And it is all yummy!!!! Over the years we have turned into early birds and 7:00 am is the normal get up time for a Saturday and Sunday morning in the Gautreaux household. I used to get really upset but now it is so nice to get up and get more things done. It also makes 8:00 am class a lot easier during the week compared to my freshman year when I missed quite a few of those morning classes!! 

So anyways while I lay in bed sipping my coffee I thought I would tell y'all about our weekend! I was supposed to work on Friday (For the first time in three weeks) but lucky for me my aunt called me to babysit my precious little nine month old cousin and I  could not resist. I quickly gave my shift up! I mean who would rather spend their night waiting on hungry and sometimes grouchy people when you can spend your evening with a happy, sweet, and cuddling baby?!?!? Sadly Olivia has been going through a phase and was far from a happy bubbly baby but we made it through! They think she is possibly teething and she pretty much cried the whole entire time!!!! It wasn't the night I expected but still way better than working at the restaurant! 
James had his friend Ryan over and they played Xbox late into the night (something I will never understand). From what I hear they played some new scary game and took turns getting the begeebers scared out of them and screaming like girls! (Can I please be a fly on the wall?)

On Saturday we woke up and went on an early morning grocery shopping trip. We are now on a once a month shopping trip so we knew it would be a long and pricy trip and wanted to get there early to be the crowds. Luckily Starbucks is right in front of Walmart and we picked up coffee before heading inside. We were in and out in ohhh 2 hours... not too bad right?!? ;)  It really isn't too bad, we have always liked going together to go shopping so it is actually something we look forward to!

This is only a portion of the list ;) 
After we got home I had to get ready for a baby shower. One of my friends, Lauren, is pregnant with her second baby(first one was a boy and now she is having a girl!) and some of her friends decided to throw her a shower for baby Addison. I had a lot of fun and she got lots of goodies. There were so many dresses and bows I think she is going to be the most fashionable little miss around!! 


When I got home we hurried up and changed again (Yes I know, it was a crazy day) and we headed to the pumpkin patch! We love fall around here and get so excited to go to the pumpkin patch. I think I might have gone a little crazy with the pumpkins but who cares I could not resist. We have made it a family tradition to go together every year with our dogs and can't wait until we will be able to bring our own children there. I love seeing all of the little families there taking pictures and buying pumpkins.

Hubby was a good sport and never complained as I was adding more and more pumpkins!


Daisy was bored and yawning while I was trying to take pictures

My little family

Crazy right?!? 
After leaving the pumpkin patch my Maw-Maw called and said she was cooking the first gumbo of the season an to come pick some up! My response: HECK YEAH! Will be there ASAP!!! We love gumbo around here and Maw-Maw makes the best gumbo!!! We went over there and all the puppies got to play together and we got to visit with Maw-Maw and Poppy for a little while. 
This is Teddy's favorite spot: Poppy's chair!!

 Today we are going to decorate the inside and outside for Fall and I am so excited. I have been burning "fall" candles for two weeks now so it will be nice to have everything out (pictures coming soon)! I am also trying out a Pinterest recipe I found and hopefully it will turn out super yummy!!!! James is sadly leaving tonight to go back but I have a huge test on Tuesday so as soon as he leaves I will be studying nonstop until Tuesday at 9:00 am.

Hope your weekend was just as amazing as ours!!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment