January 16, 2012

our wedding day ... part II




The Reception!!!!

So after the hard part was finished (the ceremony), it was time for the party to start!!!!! I was extremely lucky with my reception hall because they were amazing! They wanted everything to be perfect for me and for me to be stress free!! And I have to stay I am so glad I didn't have anything to worry about! Once we arrived at the reception it was chaotic. James and I were getting pulled from one end of the room to another. We had to take pictures here and go visit this person here. The first two hours of the reception was absolutely crazy!!! But after all of the traditions were finished, it was time to have some fun.

First Dance as Mr. and Mrs. James Gautreaux!!!!


His Tabasco cake!!! So cute!
wedding party toast!

 When planning the wedding I was totally against shoving the cake in each others face! I thought it was so weird and I didn't want to get dirty but..... when we were about the cut the cake the photographer looked at me and said "Make it interesting" so I smushed the cake in his face!!! He was not expecting it at all and he ended up getting me in the end! I had cake shoved up my nose and all over my face but it was totally worth it and so much fun!!!
It started out okay!!!



and this is how it ended!!!
One tradition we have in Louisiana is the money dance. It is something I thought every wedding had but apparently it is just a southern thing! (Who would't want a money dance?!?) At the beginning James' line was a lot longer than mine and he was teasing me and saying more people loved him!! Well in the end I made more money than he did!! (HA-HA) It was such a fun time and we were able to thank everyone for coming and being so generous!




We spent the rest of the time dancing and having fun with our friends and family. It was such a special day and I am so grateful for everything everyone did for us to make our wedding day awesome.

The groomsmen attacked me!!!




Yep!!! That's my husband! HA-HA

one side of my family! (The Foret's)

Here are a few of the detailed pictures from our big day!!! 





May 28, 2011 was the absolute best day of my life! It was more than I could have ever imagined and I feel so blessed to have been surrounded by my friends and family and of course my HUSBAND!! 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment